-
July 10th, 2006, 03:21 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Thanks so much everyone for these reviews. I've been thinking of getting DD a trunk for Christmas but now I'm not really sure I want to. There will be times when the clothing will be stored for a long period of time and I know I won't remember to go and check them. But I did have a couple of questions. First how long can the clothing be stored in plastic baggies before any problems arise. I do remember being told never to store fabric in plastic and to keep my sewing fabric turned right side in so if any fading happens it's on the wrong side. I've been sewing a whole wordrobe for DD's HH dolls for a Christmas present and I wanted to put each complete outfit I made into seperate baggies it makes it much easier for a youger child. But if it's going to ruin all my hard work I sure don't want to do that. Also if the clothing does turn yellow can't you soak it in Biz or if nothing else works bleach and water? I read in the olden days to keep their whites white woman would dry the whites by laying them on the grass and the sun would bleach them out. I've being meaning to try this on a white dust ruffle I dyed pink then wanted back white since color remover wouldn't take all the pink color out of it, I just can't seem to ever remember to do it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks